A message from Aspen Group Chief Executive, Stephen Saad, to the mothers of South Africa’s babies:
“At Aspen we understand that the wellbeing of your baby is of utmost importance. I confidently give you my assurance that Aspen’s S26 infant milk formula available to you in South Africa is of the highest quality. My confidence is based on these facts:
- Each batch of S26 undergoes as many as 60 different tests, there by ensuring their quality prior to dispatch
- S26 complies with international quality standards
- S26 is manufactured in an internationally approved factory
- S26 has been used by the South African Department of Health
- S26 has been supplied to South African mothers for 40 years.
You can feed your baby with S26 in the sure knowledge that the product is of the highest quality. I have and I would.”
The Tanzanian Health authorities recently withdrew S26-1 from the market in that country following four complaints regarding the quality of the product. There have been reports of counterfeit S26 in the Tanzanian market. Quality deterioration may also be caused by non-adherence to required storage conditions. Aspen is actively investigating the matter and will take all measures required to ensure the matter is managed.