Why invest in Aspen?
We have a proud heritage dating back more than 160 years and we are committed to sustaining life and promoting healthcare through increasing access to our high quality, affordable medicines and products in more than 150 countries. Our commercial pharmaceutical focus is in the Regional Brands, Anaesthetics, Thrombosis, High Potency & Cytotoxic categories.
With a market capitalisation of approximately R117,9 billion as at 30 June 2018, Aspen is the largest pharmaceutical company listed on the JSE Limited (share code: APN).
The Group operates 23* manufacturing facilities across 15* sites and holds international manufacturing approvals from some of the most stringent global regulatory agencies. Our manufacturing capabilities are scalable to demand and cover a wide variety of product-types including injectables, oral solid dose, liquids, semi-solids, steriles, biologicals and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
*As at 30 June 2018
# Since the divestment of our Nutritionals Business to the Lactalis Group
SITES ACROSS THE GROUP
#Since the divestment of our Nutritionals Business to the Lactalis Group
NUMBER OF Continents
Please click on a title below left for more information.
Strong market position
- One of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the southern hemisphere
- Substantial presence in major developing markets such as Latin America, Russia, Eastern Europe, sub-Saharan Africa and South East Asia
- Accredited manufacturing facilities that are scalable to demand
- Vertical integration advantages for the manufacture of certain of Aspen’s leading global brands
- The leading pharmaceutical company in South Africa
- One of the top five pharmaceutical companies in Australia