Why invest in Aspen?
Aspen has a proud heritage dating back more than 160 years and is committed to sustaining life and promoting healthcare through increasing access to its high quality, affordable medicines and products.
Aspen is the largest pharmaceutical company listed on the South African securities exchange, JSE Limited, and is one of the top 20 companies listed on this exchange. Aspen’s market capitalisation at 30 June 2016 was R165 billion (approximately USD11 billion). The Group has 26 manufacturing facilities at 18 sites on six continents and more than 10 000 employees.
Aspen is well positioned in both developing and developed markets – it is the largest pharmaceutical company in Africa, and has an expanding presence in Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States, comprising Russia and the former Soviet Republics. Aspen is also one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in Australia and is establishing a presence in other developed markets such as the United States of America and Canada.
Ranking in generic producers globally
Please click on a title below left for more information.
Strong market position
- One of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the southern hemisphere
- Substantial presence in major developing markets such as Latin America, Russia, Eastern Europe, sub-Saharan Africa and South East Asia
- Accredited manufacturing facilities that are scalable to demand
- Vertical integration advantages for the manufacture of certain of Aspen’s leading global brands
- The leading pharmaceutical company in South Africa
- One of the top five pharmaceutical companies in Australia